- Wcities Travel Review of Lola 41
- "In a short span LoLa 41º has managed to feature on the list of the most loved restaurants on Nantucket. The eatery has a fun, contemporary atmosphere and the interior is set in deep shades with dark wooden furniture and metal accessories adorning the wall. The place is high on energy and the crowd is a great mix of locals and tourists. The sleek full-service bar, dining area and sushi bar combine to form a great place where you can meet and mingle with friends. Sushi is the high point, but you will always find global and contemporary dishes on the menu and the sake and extensive wine selection that goes well with the mouth-watering food. All this coupled with attentive service, makes it a five-star restaurant...."
- Living the American Dream
"It's early evening and Marco Coelho is already dancing between platters of exquisite sushi rolls and mouth-watering burgers in foie gras dipping sauce to exchange hugs with Lo La 41's faithful patrons.
Around him, flickering table candles ignite reflective glows in exotic infusions and wines. The drinks are sipped by what resembles a gathering of trendy friends and family celebrating amid a soundscape that makes you want to nod your head while nibbling your Nantucket bay scallop tempura.
No single demographic dominates Lo La 41's 48-seat cozy interior or its outdoor summer patio. But everyone – graying hipsters, dressed-down high-powered professionals, dressed-up students, bearded islanders in designer shirts – is here to have a good time. Coelho and Executive chef Robert Boslow demand nothing less as they serve up flavors culled from across the planet's 41st latitude: hence, the name.
The final product approximates the spirit of neighborhood tapas bars in Spain, sushi bars in Japan and Californian burger joints: a second place to satisfy appetites for community and fun..."
- Best Burger in Boston 2007
- "Named for the latitudinal line on which Nantucket sits, Lola 41 is the perfect spot to toast the start of your island respite. It has ambitious food with Spanish, Italian, Greek, Chinese, and Japanese influences; a young, casually stylish crowd (Lilly Pulitzer at a minimum); and very strong drinks..."
- Nantucket Wine Festival: Noted Luminaries
- Global Bistro and Sushi Bar, opened in 2006 and, within weeks, in-the-know N Magazine had dubbed it the hottest spot in town
- Eat At the Bar Report: Lola 41
- This is the best place to get sushi on the island
- NY Times: Travel: Cool off at Lola 41
- Japanese-inspired sashimi, a Greek soft-shell crab, and a half-dozen Northern Italian pastas
- Food and Wine Magazine: Lola 41
- An eclectic mix that includes sashimi and sushi rolls, along with other Japanese-inspired dishes
- Vogue: Summer Escapes Nantucket 2010
- Try sushi rolls at Lo La 41, homemade doughnuts at the Downyflake, an egg-and-scallion sandwich from Something Natural, or the Turkey Terrific from Provisions
Check us out on Foodspotting!